Wednesday, December 21, 2011
25 tips to Christmas-
Christmas is right around the corner so as a gift to my readers I wanted to give you 25 tips to apply into your life and training this holiday and new year.
1. Dont just eat the whites, consume yolks-the whole cholesterol thing gets over blown and most of those studies were done by cereal companies anyways. Eating whole eggs will give you those essential nutrients that just the yolks wont. My suggestion is to do 2 whites to 1 yolk or just do whole eggs every other day.
2. If you are not happy with your current results than something must change! Eat better, workout better, sleep better, stress less and re-focus. Change your path and get better results now!
3. Nutrient timing is everything. Carbs in the morning and post workout are your prime spots to consume them. The leaner you are the more carbs you can eat generally.
4. It is not the quantity of your workouts but the quality.
5. Don't make your workouts too complex, less is better.
6. Have no clue on a goal for yourself? Try and add more weight to the bar or move it faster or both!
7. At the end of the day it is all about commitment to yourself and your goals. If what you want to achieve is really that important than you need to make it important in your life. No excuses!
8. Don't be afraid of high reps for your quads. High rep training can help the legs grow. 25-40 reps is totally fine.
9. If your looking to put on more size on your arms try lifting biceps and triceps on the same day. Break away from the traditional chest/tri and back/bi days and do some pure arm workouts and see what happens.
10. If you don't eat breakfast I cant help you get better results.
11. Some of my clients have seen great results in terms of dropping body fat by doing different waves of workouts. First waive could be 3-4 weeks of high rep, light weight limited to no rest periods. Then we switch things up to heavier weight, moderate to low reps and higher rest periods in order to help maintain that muscle mass. You can keep cycling this or take a week or two and mess the two into one workout.
12. Drink water!
13. Start on your 2012 goals now! No need to wait til after Jan 1 like the rest of the world. Be better than everyone else.
14. If you see people who don't get results, well do the opposite of those people! When you see those you get results, do the same!
15. Hour workout is great, but so is 45min and so is 25min.......whatever time you have make it work for you.
16. Just do cardio and you will look ok, do weights and you will look really good, do cardio and weights and damn you will look wow.
17. If you are trying to put on muscle mass and you are having trouble its most likely a calorie thing. Eat more than you are because chances are you need to be!
18. Make your workouts hard and intense but don't beat yourself into the ground because that will cost you the next day. You want to get as many quality workouts as you can during the week so don't beat yourself into submission. Ever now and then however....go ahead and destroy yourself in a workout.
19. Range of motion is important for any exercise you perform. If you are doing full pullups don't do 3/4 pullups.
20. Take responsibility-YOU are the reason that YOU are not seeing results. No need to pass the blame plate, suck it up and realize you need to do something about it.
21. Having trouble thinking of what to eat for dinner? Veggies and protein to the rescue every time!
22. There is no best way to do anything! Certain methods work better for some more than others. Find what works for you.
23. Do ab work everyday. Your abdominals don't get as much muscular damage as other muscles therefore allowing you to train them more frequently.
24. Listen to your body. Your body will tell you when you need to change things, increase weight or take a step back. Ignorance will put you behind.
25. At the end of the day just move. MOVE!
Go Dominate! Happy Holidays! Thanks to everyone who continues to read my posts!