- Protein is more satiating ( makes you full ) and you will keep you from eating more calories.
- Protein helps you manage blood sugar and insulin
- When you eat more protein and less grains, sugars and carbs you will then have fewer cravings for these foods.
- You burn more calories at rest after eating protein than carbs
- Aim to eat less than 50 grams of carbs from fruits, veggies and beans ( if you eat more than that in veggies its not a big deal )
- Avoid processed and packaged foods.
- Eat enough fiber! You must get enough fiber because when you go low carb generally the fiber intake goes down as well.
- Don't be afraid of fats. If you go lower carb you must increase your good fat intake from things like avocados, nuts, cheese etc.