Wednesday, May 22, 2013
5 Quick fire ways to change your workouts
1. Change the angles- Instead of doing flat presses do incline, if you do rows with your palms facing neutral, start doing them with your palms down. If you always lunge straight forward, start lunging slightly to the right.
2. Use different tools- If you do nothing but machines stop and start using dumbbells and kettlebells. If you use only bands start using free weights. Whatever you often see but never use start adding it in and see what happens.
3. Switch the order- If you always save core work for the end of the workout try and do it first for once. Maybe instead of squatting then doing lunges, do the opposite. Look at your workouts and I bet you notice you tend to do the same things in the same order.
4. Slow down-Try and lift with slow tempos. Generally between 2-10 seconds.
5. Lift fast- Be explosive! Of course don't sacrifice form!