1. LIMIT REST TIME- A study from the College of New Jersey showed that those who rested less than 30 seconds on the bench press burned up to 50 % more calories than those who rested 3 minutes or more.
2. DRINK IT UP- German researchers have found that you can boost your metabolism by up to 30 % by drinking 2 cups of cold water.
3. GOOD CARBS-A study at Penn State found that those who followed a low calorie diet with carbs coming from whole grains lost more fat than those who ate low calorie with carbs coming from refined sources.
4. ADD SOME HEAT- Hot peppers have an ingredient called capsaicin, which has been to shown to enhance calorie burning at rest.
5. TEAS- Oolong tea has been shown to enhance metabolic rate as well as black tea.
6. LIFT HEAVY- Use higher loads and a rep range between 3-7 to boost your post workout metabolism.
7. LIFT LIGHT- Using lighter weights will burn more calories during the session just not as many afterward like heavy weights will do.
8. FREE WEIGHTS ARE YOUR FRIEND- Studies have shown that using free weights especially during exercises like squats will burn more calories. The free weights force your body to use all the small stabilizing muscles and therefore you work harder.