1. Start doing intervals for your cardio- You will burn more calories than doing steady state cardio ( the cardio that everyone in the gym does ) because you will do more work in the same amount of time. Intervals also will increase your metabolism after your workout much like resistance training does.
2. Record everything you put in your mouth- This technique helps you realize how much of what you are actually eating on a daily basis. You would be amazed how much better you will eat once you see on paper how much junk you really are eating.
3. Try lifting heavy- Don't fall into the trap of light weight + high reps equals fat loss. Research has shown that doing 6-8 reps can increase your metabolism to burn up to 600 more calories than light weight training can.
4. Get rid of the high calorie beverages- Don't waste time with pop, juices, alcohol and sports drinks. They don't satisfy you and they are full of sugars and empty calories. Try drinking just water and maybe some tea and see how your body responds.
5. Let green tea be your choice- Studies have shown that this tea can boost your metabolism and it does so without adding much calories to your diet.
6. Carb time- best time to eat them are in the morning and after your workout, I would limit carbs any other time or just cut them out.
7. Don't waste time- Hit the gym and make the most of your time. If you have 10 minutes you can workout. Super set your workouts to save time and to burn more calories.
8. Action- Dont talk about getting in shape......Do it! Go dominate!