This is a great training technique to use in your workouts that is similar to drop sets. The difference in this method is that you will be changing grips or foot position to accommodate the fatigue.
EZ bar bicep curl
- First set use a palms up grip and do 5-6 reps. When you start to fail switch to a palms down grip, wait 10 seconds and do more reps to failure. Once you failed again now grab a pair of dumbbells and perform more reps until failure with a hammer grip ( palms face each other)
Here are some more examples of exercises and how to change the grip following the same procedure as above.
1. Palms down grip
2. hammer grip ( neutral, or palms facing your body )
3. Palms up grip
Dumbbell chest press
1. Palms down grip/overhand ( traditional grip for pressing )
2. Palms down grip/overhand but with the hands all the way to the right side of the dumbbell
3. Neutral grip ( palms face each other )