- Try the 100 rep method-Pick a compound movement like pull-ups and do 100 reps of the exercise. Start by doing as many pull-ups as you can. If you get 10 reps, then you have 90 reps to go. It doesn't matter how many sets it takes you to get to 100. The next time you try this again aim to get to 100 in fewer sets.
- When it comes to making changes with your eating habits make sure you follow a plan that will be successful for you and don't worry what has worked for others. No one thing works for everybody.
- Both male hormones and muscle mass distribution are two main reasons guys have more muscle than women. Women need to get in the weightroom! You will not get bulky!
- Its easy to make yourself puke or get exhausted, but it is hard to get yourself better! Train smart.
- Focus on eating protein no matter your goals. Protein will keep you full and is highly thermogenic meaning you burn more calories breaking it down. And of course it will help you build more lean muscle.
- I really love the Orgain protein shake product. It has great protein to carbs ratio, greens, vitamins and mineral and it tastes great! Plus it doesn't have a bunch of ingredients I cant pronounce.
- Try adding in some 10x3 training. Typically used for strength training but you can use it more for fat loss by speeding up the rest between sets. Below is an example. Perform all 10 sets of each exercise before moving to the next.
Follow the order of exercises listed below, meaning do all 10 sets of
the deads, then move onto chins or pulls etc...
Deadlifts, Chin-ups or Pulldowns your choice, Barbell split squat, db shoulder press ( military standing )
Rest: 45 seconds between sets
Load: 75% of 1RM (10 repetition maximum)