Monday, December 17, 2012
Doing the back extension better
* Do the movement much like you would a kettlebell swing or barbell hip thrust in which you thrust your hips into the pad instead of bringing your back upward.
* Keep the pad at hip level or slightly below
* Bend from the hips much like a hip hinge move and lower your upper body, and then really drive your hips into the pad and squeeze your glutes to finish.
* Note in the video that she stops when straight up and down before going into hyper extension. Again, stop the movement when you are straight up and down so you dont put pressure on the spine.
* If done correctly, your hams and glutes should feel this more than the low back
DOUBLE CLICK THE VIDEO FOR BETTER VIEWING