Hummus has grown in popularity lately and it is for good reason. Hummus is a pureed chickpea dip that is loaded with health benefits. Hummus is a traditional Middle Eastern spread that has found its way to masses. Below are some of the benefits of hummus.
- High in fiber and protein
- Rich in folic acid, magnesium and iron
- Low in fat, high in good monounsaturated fat
- Has cholesterol lowering benefits
- Use as a spread on sandwiches or for wraps instead of mayonnaise
- Use it as a dip for fresh veggies
- Use it to spread on grilled chicken or meats