Wednesday, February 2, 2011
It snowed like crazy yesterday in Chicago and has continued to do so today. Despite living in a city that sees bad weather like 70 percent of year people for some reason freaked out over this storm. I must say that the combination of thunder, lighting and snow is crazy but it was not the end of the world like the Chicago media made it seem to be. Watching the news it seems there is bad weather all over the country the last couple of days even in Dallas for the Super Bowl. Many people are not going to work and school and will have plenty of free time sitting at home. So I thought this would be a perfect time to suggest some things to do while bumming around the house.
1. Try and stack up against a Navy Seal. See how many pushups you can do in 2 minutes. Minimum would be 42 pushups, but the average would be 100. Make sure you have proper form. Challenge yourself!
2. Quick blast routine:
Minute 1-2: Some form of cardio like jump rope, running the stairs or running in place
Minute 3-4: As many pushups as you can
Minute 5-6: Stairs, jump rope or running in place again
Minute 7-8: Squats as fast as you can
Minute 9-10: Back to the cardio....but this time try and do as much as possible!
3. List your goals. List both short-term and long-term goals. Then re-evaluate your current workout routine. Are you getting the results you want with what you are doing?
4. Go outside and shovel. Great for the core, shoulders, back and legs.
5. Quick combo routine:
Use something that resembles a dumbbell like a gallon of milk- do 15 reps of one arm rows then immediately do 10 jackknives ( burpees ) and repeat this for 6 rounds.
6. Cook! Now is your chance to make a good meal and prep the rest of the weeks meals.
7. Checkout this motivational video. Its about being a champion. Not just for sport but for life. If this doesn't get you pumped then I don't know what will.