Monday, August 1, 2011
Treadmill free cardio workout
Lets face it doing cardio on the treadmill and bike gets boring after a while. Myself, I hate cardio and I know most of my clients do too. This routine is great because it is different and way more interesting than traditional cardio workouts. This routine can be done anywhere. It can be done at home or even in a hotel room or office.
Set the timer for 25 minutes and see how many complete rounds you can finish. Remember you can take whatever rest you need but try to push yourself. Record how many rounds you get and the next time out you want to top that. Do this workout for a third day and aim to beat the workout before.
1) High knees in place-30 sec
2) Jumping jacks-30 reps
3) Squat and kick-10 reps each leg
4) Back kick-10 reps each leg
5) Surfer get-ups-5 reps each side
6) Heisman hops-10 reps each leg
7) Jacknives-10 reps
8) Lateral shuffle-8 reps ( there and back equals 1 )