- If you have an issue at the top of the bench press and have trouble with the lockout then focus on your triceps. Learn to use your triceps by keeping your body tight and focusing on pulling the bar apart. In terms of training start doing more lockout presses for the triceps and to blast the weak point in the bench. Set a bench in a squat rack and place the pins so the bar will only be able to get lowered about a 1/4 of the way down. Grab the bar and lower it until you hit the pins and explode up.
- I love any Mix 1 product for a snack or post workout nutrition. http://www.mix1life.com/
- I have noticed very good success with clients recently in cycling heavy weeks with light weeks for fat loss. Week 1 consists of heavier loads and rep schemes around 6-8 and then week 2 consists of lighter weights and reps around 12-20. Week 2 has more conditioning drills and bodyweight exercises and the workouts are often shorter in duration.
- If you are a skinny guy and want to gain mass then don't be scared of carbs! You need them!
- It is much quicker and easier to get crazy focused for 30 days and see what kind of results you can get in terms of cutting body fat and losing weight. Why draw out the process when you can hit it hard and make things happen in less time. Do it!
- Be careful not to get yourself on BLT diet. Bites, licks and tastes that is. Often you will be making dinner or at work and next thing you know you have snacked on numerous unwanted calories. Keep yourself satisfied by eating throughout the day and focusing on protein, fiber and veggies.
- If you go with oatmeal then do steel cut and top it with your favorite nuts. Steel cut will cause a slower release of insulin as oppose to regular oatmeal. This will keep your blood sugars from spiking too quickly and will be better for your body fat!
- If you are aiming to gain muscle use some tri-sets in your training program. Example would be for the triceps. Do close grip presses for 6 reps, then right into tricep extensions for 10 reps and finish with pushdowns for 15 reps.