Tuesday, May 24, 2011
8 Effective ways to boost your metabolism!
1) Add some lean muscle-Muscle is active tissue and those with lean muscle mass burn more calories throughout the day.
2) Drink cold water- By having cold water your body will have to work extra to heat it up.
3) Eat the following-Calcium, curry, green tea, grapefruit, oatmeal, coffee, almonds, blueberries, ginger, beans and cinnamon have all been linked to improve metabolism.
4) Lower the temperature in your home or apartment-Your body will need to work harder to maintain its internal temperature.
5) Watch your alcohol-Alcohol limits your body's ability to burn fat.
6) Do interval based cardio-Just like weight training you will burn more calories and boost your metabolism.
7) Eat when you wake up-Research shows you eat breakfast and you will eat less and burn more.
8) Morning quick jolt-Try waking up and doing 25 jumping jacks and 25 jackkives ( burpees ) before you head out the door just to get your metabolism jacked up.