1) Milk- Is a old school bodybuilding staple. You get a nice amount of calories and a great blend of both whey and casein proteins. Milk also contains calcium ( duh ) magnesium, potassium, Vitamin A and D. Whole milk provides the most calories although a higher fat content.
2) Potatoes-Both dense and filling. Filled with Vitamin C, B6, iron and potassium and some other nutrients.
3) Wild rice-1 cup of cooked wild rice has 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein!
4) Whole chicken- Cheap and can be kept for great leftovers!
5) Turkey-Good in many ways and contains selenium ( helps fight cancer ) and numerous nutrients and is high in protein.
6) Whole eggs- Get the benefit of the yolk!