Thursday, January 14, 2010

Deadlift 50


The following is a quick fire way to add a change to your leg workout. I would use this at the beginning of your leg day before you get into everything else. Your goal here will be to do 50 deadlifts. I want you to start with as many as you can, most likely 10-12 reps and then rest. The rest time will only be 15 seconds before you try and do as many more reps as you can. Again, take 15 seconds and then get as many reps in. Repeat this until you have reached 50 reps. In terms of how much weight you should use, I would use your body weight. For example if you are 180 lbs you will deadlift 180 lbs for the routine. Now, if you are not the strongest deadlifter or just never deadlift I would then recommend using a weight more comfortable for you. Really make sure to think about pushing through your heels on the way up and then finish by squeezing your glutes and driving your hips forward. Deadlifts need to be done with focus in order to get the most out of them. I want you to feel truly get a burn in those hammies and glutes.




On the surface this routine might not appear too bad but let me tell you I have never been so sore in my hamstrings as I was from this. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment